Saturday, October 17, 2009

Creating the first Holiday Issue of CERAKANVAS


The Holiday Season, Winter Solstice, and especially for me, Christmas is without question my favorite time of year. There was a time when my wife and I had 8 fully decorated - themed trees in our home. It was beautiful. At one point in my life I had nearly the entire Hallmark ornament collection and spoke to groups about collecting ornaments of all kinds. I guess you could say I was an "ornamentologist" LOL. This edition is stirring so much passion in me for the Holiday traditions we all have. We have articles from around the globe with techniques on Kwanzaa, St Lucia, Kings Cake and Mardi-Gras, Santa Claus, Christmas Villages with trains and home decorating tips from the best. We have loaded this issue with a few surprises, but then would you expect anything less from the guild? Well back to work, write, paint, discuss. . . It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to the Hallmark Ornaments collection as I did too but sold most of the big ornaments off. However, I still have wuite an extensive collection of the Minature Hallmark Ornaments dating from the beginning of their creation. I have two favorite Holidays in the year....Christmas and Easter! I am so looking forward to this issue it cannot get here fast enough. I know I will read it more than 5 times.

    ReplyDelete