Tuesday, December 22, 2009

2nd door on the left . . .

The final weekend of bazaars and fairies has passed. The last day to be assured of postal delivery before the holiday has arrived and is about to be history. And while Marley's counting house may stay open until the 11th hour on Christmas eve, ceramic shops throughout the village and around the globe are shutting down for a few days of family time and rest from the busy holiday season. I love the way this village scene was photographed. I have no idea who took the picture, but it is inviting and the warm glow created by the luminous character of the porcelain buildings is very captivating. I can just imagine the second door from the left being the guild office. Somehow walking down the shiny streets, making my way home, seems like a reality. There is a serene peacefulness that permeates this scene. Something I wish we could all experience more of.

Today at the Dragonfly, we finished the last of the Santa's and snowmen. The next few days will be filled with gallons of HOT chocolate, shaken not stirred (Santa's secret recipe) ton's of heavenly creme wafers and almond crescents. And most importantly being surrounded by family and friends.

As we are a world wide group, with a huge diversity, I want to extend a warm and bountiful greeting to you and your family how ever it is that you celebrate during the winter season. As for me and my house we celebrate Christmas and the birth of Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment