Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Business Tool from Ceramic Architects - BLUEPRINT


Some of you may recognize the man in this picture, he is very famous. He is not a ceramicist, even though he did consult on the design of several world renowned ceramic pieces. He is not an author, even though there have been many books written about him. He is not an actor, though his designs have appeared in some of Hollywood's greats. He is an architect. His name is Frank Lloyd Wright. He is without question one of the worlds most known architects. His buildings were powerful and their design spoke volumes. But he wasn't content in just designing the brick and mortar (B&M) structures. He made sure the stained glass windows, worked with the design. That the furniture and art (including ceramics) flowed with the house. Not only in ergonomics but also in aesthetics. Today BLUEPRINT got off the ground as a magazine on it's own. The way we design and build our ceramic business is critical to its success, and more importantly it's sustainability. We like to think that the articles and stories we bring you in BLUEPRINT are like a bunch of Frank Lloyd Wrights bringing you the plan, the blueprint, for your businesses success. We hope you enjoy our new magazine and we would love to hear from you about what you think. Have a great day!http://www.ceramicartistguild.com/blueprint.html

1 comment:

  1. I was never a Frank Lloyd Wright architectural fan like my husband is...but I have come to admire much of what he has done and what he has given to design in this world.....I lean very much to the Victorian and Craftsman style design....and even Art Deco....I think the Craftsman style is about as close I come to "Clean Lines" style design....maybe that is why I do not have a business of my own....I am a bit too messy with my lines.....and I like curves and a sense of flow that leads to something else then to something else altogether.

    ReplyDelete